Incontinence happens to be a major problem among many elderlies. It is a serious issue and is capable of affecting the quality of life for any adult. So if it is doing the same for you then adult diapers can help you to take control of the situation. But prior to making the decision you need to have a comprehensive understanding of the problem of incontinence.
There is a wide range of ways to cure urinary incontinence. But adult diapers are not suggested for everyone. But they offer great short-term support whenever one needs it.
Here are certain things that you need to consider before going for adult diapers. Just read on.
Kind of Incontinence You Are Suffering From
Accidental leakage of urine for adults can happen because of mainly two types of incontinences.
- Urge Incontinence – With age you may lose the general ability to control urine. You may have sudden urges to go and release urine but you may not make it up to the bathroom on time.
- Stress Incontinence – At times, coughing, sneezing, or exercising may cause leakage as they put extra pressure on the bladder and the damaged muscle may not be able to cope with it.
It is common for younger women to suffer from urine leakage during the end days of their pregnancy and sometime afterwards. But older adults are affected by some serious forms of incontinence. It occurs more in women than that of men. After the age of fifty, research reveals that almost one-third of women deal with this issue.
The decision of whether to use adult diapers or not depends on the severity of the issue. Minimum leakage can be handled by the usage of disposable pads. But if your issue is more serious then you will need something more.
It may be the time to switch to diapers if you are soaking through the pad and your clothes on a regular basis. A lot of women seek help when they start to feel wet or get the urine smell more frequently than before. The best solution can be found once you talk with your doctor.
How to Make Use of Diapers in the Best Way
If the treatments do not work for you or you are waiting for them to start, then these tips will help you to remain comfortable and also give a boost up your confidence level at the time of wearing adult diapers.
- Use a Barrier Lotion or Ointment – This can help to avoid skin rashes or any other changes that occur from regular urine exposure.
- Change the Diapers on a Regular Basis – After leakage occurs, change the diapers as soon as possible. This way you can stay fresh and odour-free.
- If You Are Venturing Out, Wear Dark Clothing – This way you can hide the leakage of urine.
- Wear Comfy loose-fitting Attire – This way you have to worry less about what you are wearing inside.
If you are thinking of switching to diapers make sure that you use quality adult diapers in India that have less chances of infection and will be more functional and comfortable.